Listen to David Williams, MD, of Brigham & Women’s Hospital and Kalon Kwyn Leung Ho, MD, MSc of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center as they discuss the role of IT in cardiovascular care in patient management, cost containment, workflow, best practices and reporting. They’ll address the positives as well as the challenges and future goals.
- How has the cardiovascular practice evolved over the last 5 years at your facility? What does this mean from an IT perspective?
- What are your pain points within workflow and productivity? (Cath lab, EP lab, Echo lab, CT, etc.)
- How are you currently using analytics? How do you plan to use it in the future?
- How does IT help in registry reporting?
- How is cardiology connected to the rest of the institution, such as the EMR, interventional labs, imaging? Where are the walls coming down? Where can IT help?
- What about reporting and interfacing with other physicians? How does IT help?
- How is IT enabling more effective billing and charge capture?
- What IT best practices should CV departments be utilizing in 2015?